St Joseph's School, Stanthorpe | Living Mercy since 1875

Welcome to Term 3

Dear Parents and Caregivers,

Welcome back to school for Semester 2 2017. I hope that you all had a safe and enjoyable holiday with your children.

On behalf of the whole school community I would like to welcome the new students and families to St Joseph’s School who have started this semester. In my two weeks here I have really appreciated the warm welcome my family and I have received and know that our students and staff will give a similar welcome to others new to the school.

I would like to congratulate and thank those students, staff and parents who took part in the QISSN Netball Carnival and Confraternity Rugby League Carnival in Brisbane during the break. The spirit in which the students competed and the enjoyment they had is a credit to themselves and the coaching and mentoring their coaching and support staff have provided them. Well done.

Next week is Catholic Education Week. There are a number of events planned for the week and I encourage all students and families to get involved. Catholic Education Week is an opportunity for all Catholic schools to celebrate and promote their distinctive mission and ethos. Catholic education strives to make a difference in the lives of those in our schools and in the wider community by challenging young people to live out the message of Jesus and to reach their full potential as compassionate, contributing, life-giving members of society. It is the uniqueness of a Catholic education that makes our students stand out from others in our society.

After many years of schooling, this semester is the final one for our Year 12 students. The year will go quickly for them all and it is important that they enjoy their remaining time at school and finish well. We encourage them all to work hard towards their final grades. For those who are eligible for an OP, we wish them well in their QCS preparation and the QCS test.

This Friday and Saturday will see the performance of the school musical, “Back to the 80s”. Productions such as this are a huge commitment for our staff and students. I hope that the school community gets down to the Civic Centre to watch the performance and sing along with all those great 80s songs.

Finally, I hope that all our students and families have a successful and enjoyable Semester 2. St Joseph’s is a wonderful school with amazing students and dedicated staff. I look forward to working with you all as your children make their journey through St Joseph’s School.

God bless.

Andrew Kendall
Acting Principal

Latest Posts